Sunday, January 8, 2012

What's wrong with me?

Three years.  Not nearly as long as others, but that's how much of my life I feel as though I've lost - much of it wondering what was wrong with me and if I was going crazy.  In the last few weeks I've discovered 1. that I've been battling Panic Disorders (Agoraphobia and Social Anxiety Disorder), and that 2. I am not alone.  That little piece of knowledge has given me hope and power.  As this blog evolves I'll share the back story of what happened these last few years, as well as my journey to identify triggers and hopefully overcome the anxiety I face daily.

If you struggle with Panic Disorders of any kind, I highly recommend seeking help - I have a wonderful psychologist I'm working with and it's already made a huge difference.  I also recommend the book Don't Panic: Taking Control of Anxiety Attacks by Reid Wilson - it's been an amazing tool for me so far, and I'm not even finished with the book!  Just remember - you're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment